What Is Games Week Denmark?
Games Week Denmark sets the spotlight on Danish Games. It gathers Nordic Game Jam, Spilprisen, CPH MatchUp, Game Developer Talks and much more. Six days in April 2017 Denmark will turn into a hot spot for game designers, programmers, graphic artists, business experts, gamers and game interested locals and tourists. More than 1.000 people will attend events with games, creativity, technology and innovation.
Goals of Games Week Denmark
- Make the Danish Game Industry visible to a broader audience nationally and internationally – as culture and business
- Bring the Danish Game Industry together and celebrate itself together with a global industry
- Create a week for, and together with, the industry itself
- Give the industry a boost of new insights – by bringing the best from outside Denmark to Denmark
- To be a Games Week that developers from all of Denmark and the rest of the world attend
Games Week Denmark was initiated as a concept during the summer of 2015, under the name Copenhagen Games Festival. The need and idea of a big annual event had been in many people’s thoughts for some years, but it was not until IGDA and The Danish Producers Association agreed to join forces with their existing events Nordic Game Jam and Spilprisen that the idea began to take shape, all initiated by developers themselves in the two organisations. Soon after Interactive Denmark joined in with a Business & Development conference, and the basic program was ready. This led to the first Copenhagen Games Festival on April 6-10 2016 and now, with a change of name and a lift, the festival opens on April 18th as Games Week Denmark. We hope to see you there!
Steering Committee Members
- Tim Garbos, Vice President at IGDA Denmark
- Jan Neiiendam, Vice President at Danish Producer’s Association and Chairman of the Board, Interactive Denmark
- Sofie Filt Læntver, Managing Director at Interactive Denmark
- Anna Porse, CEO Seismonaut
- Birthe Møller, Communication Manager, Danish Producer’s Association
Please feel free to contact Games Week Manager, Mette Marcussen, email@example.com, to discuss your possibilities of being a partner, speaker, host or anything else related to Games Week Denmark 2017