What Is Games Week Denmark?
Games Week Denmark sets the spotlight on the rising Danish Game Industry. It gathers Nordic Game Jam, Spilprisen, CPH MatchUp, Game Developer Talks and several other events to be announced soon. 12-18 April 2018 Denmark turns into a hot spot for game designers, programmers, graphic artists, business experts, investors, gamers and game interested locals and tourists. More than 2.200 people will attend events with games, creativity, technology, and innovation.
Goals of Games Week Denmark
- Make the Danish Game Industry visible to a broader audience nationally and internationally – as culture and business
- Bring the Danish Game Industry together and celebrate itself together with a global industry
- Create a week for, and together with, the industry itself
- Give the industry a boost of new insights – by bringing the best from outside Denmark to Denmark
- To be a Games Week that developers from all of Denmark and the rest of the world attend
Games Week Denmark was initiated as a concept during the summer of 2015, under the name Copenhagen Games Festival. The need an idea of a big annual event had been in many people’s thoughts for some years, but it was not until IGDA and The Danish Producers Association agreed to join forces with their existing events Nordic Game Jam and Spilprisen that the idea began to take shape, all initiated by developers themselves in the two organisations. Soon after Interactive Denmark joined in with a Business & Development conference, and the basic program was ready. This led to the first Copenhagen Games Festival in 2016, in 2017 it changed the name to Games Week Denmark and this year the festival opens on April 13th. We hope to see you there!